CHARITY AND COMMUNITY
Bringing together so many talented individuals into a schooling system gives great scope for involvement with charitable and community activities, and these activities in themselves are great for education.
Focus schools regularly organise and take part in projects for charity fund raising and community support.
Recent events include:
- Barnet – Sponsored walk for Macmillan Nurses raised £1700.
- Northampton – Raised £1389 for the British Heart Foundation.
- Stockport – Filled and donated 500 (£5000) shoeboxes for the Support our Soldiers appeal.
- Berkeley – Raised £5000 for the Friends of Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre.
- Cambridge – Raised £1126 for the Red Cross Typhoon Haiyan appeal.
• Boston Spa – Raised £1500 for the Donkey Sanctuary.